Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Pick


This is a strange pick for me, but I thought it was very fitting for the Holiday season. I firmly believe in keeping things simple for my family. I believe I'm doing my kids a great injustice by overindulging them. There is something to be said about giving instead of receiving. This is a great time of year to reinforce these belief systems. My kids are required to give gifts. The older ones save their money to buy a special trinket or toy for their siblings. The younger ones make some kind of craft.

I have not read this book yet, but it came with lots of recommendations from friends of mine who read my latest posting on www.thegarrychronicles.blogspot.com.

If it is your goal to raise children who are responsible, contributing members of society, I think you'll enjoy this. We can all learn something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment